CONTACT ME

+2348026352306
sixfeettwoinc@gmail.com
twitter: @disissixfeettwo
facebook: Facebook Page




Tuesday 12 April 2016

Woman with severe deformity wants baby despite 50% chance of passing on condition

Jean Kelly and Martin Stokes misspetite 
News reports have revealed the heartbreaking story of a woman born with a severe health condition who is bent on having her own baby despite warnings that the condition could be passed on to her unborn child.Jean Kelly, 26, born with Apert syndrome, a condition that causes deformities of the skull, face, hands and feet, has not had the easiest life but insists she would be an amazing mum mum even if her child was born like her.

Kelly has so far, defied the predictions of doctors which revealed that she would be blind, deaf, dumb and dead before the age of three, going on to live a full life and even falling in love.Speaking with
Jean Kelly misspetite 
The New Day, Kelly says:
"I have had to deal with ­strangers on the street telling me I’m ugly.
“But as I’ve got older, I’ve learned that it says more about the ­person being cruel than it does about me.I’ve had to ­battle all my life but it has made me the person I am.Now I have met a man, we are in love and I would love us to get married and have children.
“There is a 50% likelihood that I will pass my condition on to any baby that we have, but I am willing to take that chance.
Jean Kelly as a baby misspetite 

“I know that I will be an amazing mum, and if my child does have Apert syndrome, I will make sure their life is just as wonderful as mine.Kelly who met and fell in love with Martin Stokes, 28, who is visually impaired as well as suffering from Cerebral Palsy, two years ago now has a new lease on life.
Speaking on her relationship with Stokes, Kelly says:
“We became friends, and after a while we realised that we both had ­feelings for each other. I’ve always dreamed of ­getting married and having a family of my own. And when I met Martin, it finally felt like a possibility.
“He’s the kindest, most loving person I have ever met and he makes me feel like the most beautiful person in the world.
“We have both faced difficult times and that will put us in a good position to be good ­parents and help our children, should they face the same ­prejudices we have.”Even more surprising is the fact that Kelly says she is happy to have been born with the condition despite the difficulties she has had to face in life.
Jean Kelly and Martin Stokes misspetite 

“I wouldn’t change my Apert syndrome for the world.
“They say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, and I’ve learned that this also applies to people."

No comments:

Post a Comment