CONTACT ME

+2348026352306
sixfeettwoinc@gmail.com
twitter: @disissixfeettwo
facebook: Facebook Page




Friday 29 April 2016

African football great George Weah to run for Liberian presidency again

George Weah says he wants to run for the Liberian presidency again (African News)
George Weah has revealed his intention of running for the Liberian presidency again.
Weah who remains the only African to have won the FIFA Player of the Year has ran unsuccessfully for president of Liberia in the 2005 election, losing to Ellen Johnson Sirleaf in the second round of voting. In the 2011 election, he ran for vice president on Winston Tubman's ticket before he was elected to the senate in 2014.

The former AC Milan revealed in an interview that he will declaring Thursday, April 28.He said the motivation to run again ‘is informed by an unquenchable desire to let the world know how much of a fine gentleman and nation builder he is’
“The world must be aware that I am a good person,” he told Juliet Bawuah of African News.“I can form cooperation and collaborations for my people to work and I am ready to work. I have done so much for Africa and I think in the governance process I can bring more on the table,” he further said.
Liberia goes to the polls in October, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment