CONTACT ME

+2348026352306
sixfeettwoinc@gmail.com
twitter: @disissixfeettwo
facebook: Facebook Page




Sunday 24 April 2016

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor goes all-out with statement on UFC 200

Conor McGregor has dismissed the notion that he is retired from UFC and says he is "still ready to go" for his rematch with Nate Diaz. UFC featherweight champion McGregor was stunned by Diaz at UFC 196 last month stepping up to welterweight, only to be submitted by a heavier, larger opponent, who came into the fight on 11 days' notice.

The pair had been due to meet again at UFC 200, but McGregor was pulled from the event on Tuesday over a refusal to promote it, tweeting on the same day: "I have decided to retire young. Thanks for the cheese. Catch ya's later."
However, McGregor insists he remains up for the fight, having backtracked on retirement talk in a lengthy, and at times foul-mouthed, Facebook post on Thursday.
"I am just trying to do my job and fight here," it read.
"I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.
"I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting."
He added: "I am still ready to go for UFC 200.
"I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions.
"If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say.
"For the record also - for USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations - I AM NOT RETIRED."

No comments:

Post a Comment